"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff" - Matt Kibbe

3/28/15

Moral Starvation

These poor people are starving. But it's not for lack of food. Moral starvation is worse when you aren't even aware you're hungry. The following is an article from "Somewhat Reasonable."

Millennials’ Dangerous Growing Addiction to Government
by Justin Haskins March 27, 2015

When a friend and recent college graduate informed me he was receiving food stamps, I was floored. He is a healthy, educated, intelligent individual, but, like many of the millennials I know, entitled. Completely and utterly entitled.

“Is something wrong?” I asked my friend. “Are you going through a tough time or something? I know you’re working and everything seems to be going well with your job.”

“It’s nothing like that,” he assured me. “My job is with AmeriCorps though, and they just don’t pay enough. That’s why I’m eligible for food stamps. I figure, they aren’t paying me what I should get paid so it seems fair I should be eligible for government assistance.”

Somewhere in Fairfax County, Virginia, George Washington is rolling over in his grave.

READ THE REST..

Please visit the Somewhat Reasonable blog of the Heartland Institute for more thought provoking articles.

No comments: