"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff" - Matt Kibbe

2/14/13

A Better State of the Union Address

Not long ago I made arrangements with a talented and totally rational blogger named Seth to have some of his posts appear here. His blog is titled, Our Dinner Table, and you really should visit it.

I won't waste a lot of virtual ink telling you what it is and why should should read it, I'll just hope you follow the link and see for yourself if you value reading it more than the time it takes to do so. All I will say is that it's thoughtful commentary on various subjects with no cyber screaming.

So meet Seth, our new contributor, as he delivers the version of the State of the Union Address he would give if he were President.



Good Evening.

It’s good to see you all here.

We kept you relatively safe for another year. Regrettably, bad things happened. We’re not perfect. I wish we were.

But, let’s give a warm round of applause to the brave members of our military forces who kept the vast majority of us safe.

Now, go forth and enjoy your life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

If I’m not doing something that you think I should, please consult with the Constitution and point me to where I’m empowered to do that.

See you next year.

Good Evening.


No comments: