"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff" - Matt Kibbe

12/22/10

The FCC’s Net Neutrality Power-Grab

The Federal Communications Commission today moved in to regulate the Internet, which is the wonder of the modern age exactly because the FCC hasn’t been able to get its hands around its throat.

Don’t just take it from me and others at The Heartland Institute. Some guy named Steve Wozniak wrote in The Atlantic that the little tech company he helped found named Apple would have never had a chance to fundamentally transform our economy and our everyday lives if the rules the FCC just imposed were in place years ago.


I believe this is the end of the Internet as we know it....

at Somewhat Reasonable.com

Jim Lakely is the director of communications at The Heartland Institute.

Filed By Grant Davies

2 comments:

Brian Jennings said...

Autos, financials, health care, student loans, and now the Internet.
(Yeah I know, I skipped mentioning at least 10,000 other things.)
Why am I sleepless and outraged over this &%$#, while the average jackass is oblivious to the unfettered expansion of CENTRAL AUTHORITY.
Reminds me of Alfred E. Neuman..."What? Me worry?"
P.S. I wonder if the Chairman Mao ornament made the White House Winter Festival tree this year???

Anonymous said...

Absolute crap. Another intrusion of our rights and freedoms. They might try but I think it is now beyond their control. They can take some of the
great characteristics out of it. Bill